23 February 2012

Sunny Setup to the Weekend

Today's 13k run is setting me up for hill repeats tomorrow and slow run on Saturday that will drift me, i hope, into Sunday's 20k.

Today was perfect. Ran in shorts. Stripped off my gloves and long sleeve jersey. Ran in short sleeves. I'd have taken off the baseball hat if I had somewhere to stow it. As it stands, I fought to keep my pace down. I wanted to do 6 min kilometers but it creeped up to 5.30s. Not bad, but still I wish I could have taken it easier. I don't need to get injured again.

Really looking forward to hill repeats tomorrow. I got a nice secluded short hill by the Rose Gardens here in Madrid. I'll do 10 full on sprints up and slow jogs down. I usually just loiter at the bottom until I feel right to sprint back up. Now, 10 is a lot. So I might half it if I feel I am going to hurt my weekend runs.

The hill repeats are preceded by 1.5 slow run and followed by, I hope , a slower 2 k finishing leg. Then it's tv and pasta and couch.

Right now, as I am a movable teacher, I have class from 3.30 until 7.00. I am prepped and ready to go. I am thinking that I will have another coffee and then hit the metro. A side note: metro stairs can be a wonderful way to feel the burn of a run. Climbing those steps you KNOW you've workout today.

Until tomorrow. Hope you have a good run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment