10. Sometimes the run will be awful but you will still love it. things that suck are also awesome. You get all sweaty. Your legs burn. Your heart races.
And, then, when you’re finished, your endorphins come flooding in. You bones creak. You muscles shake. But it's totally worth it.
11. It’s all mental. Motivation is 100% mental. Of course it hurts. Of course you're fatigued. But once you make the mental switch you'll get out and run. The only thing holding us back is our state of mind. 21 days is all it takes to make a habit. Mentally getting yourself out the door is the hardest part. After that it's easy.
12. Take joy in small accomplishments. Feel no shame in running small distances. Today I decided to forgo my long run of 18 km and went for hilly but easy 7 km run. And I feel great. I take joy in
taking in the sights and smells of my neighborhood. Today, I was watching the city sprinklers sparkle in the morning sun.
13. Inconsistency is not ok. As I have written earlier here, you need to be consistent in your training. If you don't you won't reach your goals. Worse, you open yourself up for injuries. You need to get out and put in the miles in a constant schedule of training. There are no shortcuts.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment