10 July 2011

Run Madrid in English

I have decided to start a running group (American Language Running) in

Madrid. I love English. I love running. I want to combine my love of
my language and my love of running. And I want you to have fun with
me.

Barring injury, I have run 6 days a week for the last 5 years. I've
been a runner since I was twelve years old, growing up in
Pennsylvania.

Once a week (for the beginning), we will be running in Casa de Campo.
Runs will be between 6-10 kms and 10-16 kms. The length of the run
will be determined by where you begin with the group. You will have
one starting point in Parque Oeste and another down in Casa de Campo.
As we run, we will talk in English. Don't be intimidated by your
personal ability and endurance, these runs are more for fun, for
English, and to meet people. We will adjust for each group. I am a
teacher and a runner and so the runs will be conversational and
informative in nature. Subjects will vary, but running will be the
principle attraction. You will learn from practicing, just as you do
from training during your runs. Native speakers are encouraged to
join. You will see a different part of Madrid. For the summer and
fall, training schedules will be for 10k and half-marathons. After
September, we will have native speaker instructing on marathon
training.

I will be posting more information here and on the Facebook page: Run
Madrid in English. If you are interested (or know someone who might
be) respond here, or on Facebook, or send me an email:
runmadrid@gmail.com. Scheduling and prices will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment