It takes about 2 weeks to acclimatize yourself to the new climate of your runs. It has already jumped in Madrid. The temps the last few runs have been in the 30s and you really feel it. I have broken out in a heavy sweat in under 3k and it felt like I was running in soup the last two days.
Finally today, with little sleep, which I blame on rising nighttime temps, I had serious difficulty with the humidity in the city. I was off for an easy 7k in prep for tomorrow's long run (which may not go as planned) and found I was flailing again.
The solution of course is to scale back your runs. Take it easy for the next 2 weeks. Let your body get used to the new temps on your runs. I give myself 3 weeks so that I am assured of some good runs next month. And Madrid is a hot city to run in during the summertime. So strategizing and Preping for it is essential.
I will be talking more on those points in the weeks to come.
Until then, be safe. Drink water. Look for shade. Go slow.
Enjoy your runs, amigos.
No comments:
Post a Comment