14 April 2012

Saturday

So today is my easy day, I went out for an EARLY 5k through parque oeste.  It was raining over night so the city was very wet and slick.  Madrid can be a bit difficult and slippery at times.  It was drizzling when I hit my 1k mark, and then I hit the muddy caminos of the parque.  Felt good to splash and get muddy.  I took it slow and had fun with it.  6 or 6.30 a km pace.

I'm resting up for my 18-22k tomorrow.  After last week's 32k, I want to really alternate between long and short long runs.  So I am leaning towards an 18k run at 5.30 or less pace.

Then right back into a hard schedule of running for the rest of the month.  I want to really stick to my training schedule so I can avoid any injuries going into the summer.

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and having great runs!

Ciao from Madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment