BE CONSISTENT
This is my mantra. I can not say this enough to anyone who will hear me, runners or not. Simply doing all your runs provides positive feedback. It proves you can make a plan and stick to it. Better, when you look at your log, you can SEE your constant accomplishments over the past week or month.
ADD A DAY
I've never really thought about it but I believe I have used this technique unconsciously. The extra kms that comes with a fourth, or in my case a sixth, day of running can make you feel like your training has reached a new level. And that feeling is amazing, pushing your limits of distance and stamina.
DO WORKOUTS YOU ENJOY
If speedwork makes you feel powerful, go ahead and do tempo runs. If you like hill repeats, do hill repeats.
BE FLEXIBLE
If you feel like you need a day off, take a day off. Rest up and hit the roads.
No comments:
Post a Comment