14 August 2011

MT 11, 12, 13

So on my 11th day of training I was supposed to take a Rest day. But as I find it to be the only outlet of stress release, I couldn't just sit inside. I went for a slow 3.5 km run around the Temple. It was hot and not crowded. I felt little pain in my legs but felt a bit sluggish when I was getting back into bed. My legs just seemed to not work.

On the twelfth day, I was to do a 6.5 km run as the usual warmup to the next day's long run. I like that the long hill in parque oeste is closed on weekends. I ran down it from the top of the hill and didn't need to lookout for cars or watch crossing the road. It was peaceful. I got to the bottom of the hill which is at puente French and could go down to the river from there. But I turned left and headed across the bottom of the parque towards the palace. It's very secluded. It's a nice little run back to the house that will be mostly shaded. And only half up hill. Today, and probably because of yesterday's failing to rest, it took a lot out of me. I had a lot of pain in my ankle. And had to stop three or four times. I despaired of even getting home on a run. Maybe I would have to ....walk home. But I was able to struggle through and run the last 2.5 kms without stopping, though with a lot of pain.

So I took it easy and rested last night.

Today was the "long run" of the week. I had to complete 9.5 but ended up doing 12 km. I went down along the river to puente Segovia and then back. The humidity was my foe this morning. I've not had to deal with it so much this summer. But in the last week, I've had to fight through more than one run because of the higher than usual humidity. Today was heavy, and combined with a hot sun, and little sleep. It was an easy run that turned into a hard run. Right now, after finishing a meal with my girlfriend, I am rests to take a siesta or long rest. Tomorrow is a Rest day, and I'm going to take it seriously.

Until Tuesday, I hope you are out there and running.

Ciao


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment