01 July 2011

Getting fingerprinted for ID card

So I went to down to Brigada Provincial de Extranjeria at metro Aluche.

First I will explain how to get to the office, since it is a bit confusing. It is where eveeryone from the Americas goes for the work visa or your papeles. When you come out of the Metro, you want to take the exit for Calle Los Poblados. When you get outside, there will be a modern art water fountain on your right. You need to go left, up the street, passing the buses on your left. You will walk about five minutes up the street, passing a few street vendors selling water and drinks. That's how you know you're on the right path. Keep in mind, if you're going to drink water and it is 35 degrees in June or July, you will have to leave the line for the bathroom. Unless you feel confident about leaving the line, don't drink anything. So, you get up Los Poblados, you will pass by the wall of the prison hospital, see the CCTV cameras, and take a left. The left leads to a dead end alley. As you go down with all the other multitudes, you will come to a guardhouse. You pass through a metal detector. As you go through, as of June 2011, the tent is in front of you for ID cards. Also behind you, against the guardhouse is a few photobooths and copiers and soda machines. Double check with a security guard that the tent is for you. So, you sit down on the bench. It is better than the past, where you had to stand out in the sun. Summer time would kill. Presently, you can sit under the tent in the shade. When I went, there were perhaps 40 people in front of me. I sat down at 12.07 and it moved fast. My appointment was for 1.00pm. I decided to come early and was happy about that choice. I was out of the tent and in the smaller line for entrance in 20 minutes. I was in the door around 12.38 and the line is maybe 8 people long inside. You go to the open desk. And it goes fast.

So when you sit down at the desk, you need to have the already mentioned documents. One thing that is confusing on the Resolucion de concesion de la Autorizacion is that they want to have the document sent back to them with name, NIE, and date of document. Now, it says fax or email. I had a PDF of the document so I emailed it. This was a slight problem with the official. He seemed to have assumed I would fax it. Spain is still a paper country. But I told him I emailed it. He went off to another desk and had a heated conversation and returned to continue with my paperwork.

He was very instant on having the tasa de expedicion de la tarjeta. I had that. Then showed him the Autorizacion. Gave him one of the three passport pictures. He stapled it to the form. Then said go over there and have you fingerprints taken. I asked him if that was it. He said, yes.

I went over to the other side of the room. I gave them the photo stapled document and they took two fingerprints of a one finger for two documents. The official then told me to return in 40 days to collect my ID card.

Next and last step: picking up my ID


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment