15 March 2011

iPad and emailed documents and desktops

I've found that when you've been emailed PDF, for example, and want them to be on your home desktop, you can easily do this. First get the email, then touch the PDF symbol, if not downloaded it will, then you will be asked to open it. Pick open in iBooks. In iBooks, the PDF will be on the PDF shelf. Later, you will be able plug your iPad into iTunes and then go to iBooks on the left hand side and drag it over to your desktop. You can do this with multiple PDF, as I do. One of my schools sends out Instant Ideas on weekly basis. I am never at home to download them so I use my iPad and later transfer them over and print when needed.

Also, with Instant Ideas, I need to download audio files to my iPad and do the same procedure above. But I use Goodreader. It is a pay-to-use app that reads PDF but I found can store audio files for later transfer. You go to the Goodreader app in iPad iTunes controls and find the file and drag to the desktop.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment