28 March 2012

Waking Up

I love waking up these days. Why?

Because my gf, who has taken up yoga AND running, is a bundle of sore muscles and creaky bones. Haha. Now, you might ask yourself what kinda bf takes pleasure in this. Well, the kinda bf who takes pleasure in knowing that all those moans and groans when you move from sitting or laying means... You're doing it right!

I tell her, as my favorite ultra says, embrace the pain. Revel in it. Roll around and get up for more.

I don't do anything to her that I haven't done to myself for years. It's just wonderful to now be able to share my "harsh" words with someone else, besides my inner self. Yeah, I have a gleeful sadist for an inner voice.

Now she can also put all my endless talk to a positive purpose. She has bee listening on and on to my running talk. But now she gets my hill repeat love or my bitching about quad soreness. I just smile, as if I KNEW it would stick somehow someday.

And so it's with a smile I can awake with loud groans from my poor abused legs and not get a zinger from the other side of the bed. I can awake with the knowledge that she also will be voicing her discomfort --louder even.

Constant laundry, fighting for shower time, arguing over health food, who stinks worse, etc. is now becoming routine.

Now, if I can get her to see 22k as a doable wantable destination. Though the Stockholm marathon took NO CONVINCING AT ALL.

I love being a runner. And I love that you are a runner too.

No comments:

Post a Comment