22 March 2012

Thursday Morning Questioning

I've been running hard the last few days in an attempt to makeup the low kms of the weekend. It's been hard. I even flirted with the idea of doubling on Wednesday, but gave that up in the face of sheer exhaustion. Perhaps in the future when I'm stronger. I'm not getting enough sleep and all this walking around Madrid for work is a slow sapping of my energy. So that by the time I get to my runs, even those as small as 7k, I am running on fumes. I'm running on exhaustion.

So I think today I will be taking a day off. I've got a lot of classes today and my window for running during the daylight hours is somewhat small. Though the said, if my first afternoon class cancels, as he is apt to do, then I will have to rethink my schedule. And fit in a run.

But should I?

I do like to carp on my age. But it's more a joke than anything else. Still, I need rest days. I am not a proponent of an every day training schedule, even though my body doesn't respond so well to time off. But I know intellectually that I need time of to recovery and renew. It's just hard to do, both spiritually and strangely physically.

So I fall to the mental. And hash out my thoughts here. In an attempt to get myself to sit around the couch, watch tv or read or both, and not think of the road. And all the people enjoying themselves. Enjoying the accomplishment of a run well done. Yeah I don't do that.

So, it's 8.41am, and I am debating what to do...

--continued later--

 

And as it turns out, I decided to take a rest day. I'm just too tired to face the road. And am going to use the time to reenergize for tomorrow. Furthermore, I am looking towards Sunday and my long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment