03 March 2012

Slow Poke Saturday

I opted for a short run today for two --no THREE-- reasons.  The first reason was that I have 20+ run tomorrow, and I need to rest up for that.  Second, I woke tired, more than usual.  Third, during my run, I found that my bones were aching.  And that was new.

So I ran a slower than possible 4k down from my piso and around a part of parque oeste and then straight back home.

I am sitting here in my favorite cafe and working on what I want to say this weekend in this blog, but all I can think of right now is tomorrow.  I really don't want to do too much too soon.  And yet...  And yet, I feel strong.  I won't be running my 20k as fast as last weekend, but I don't want to curtail my distance to something like 15k.  That would be going in the wrong direction.

Last night, I was looking at some of the marathon on this continent.  I saw that Amsterdam and Stockholm are among the greatest in the world.  Also there is the Midnight Sun marathon in Norway.  And the Intercontinental Marathon in Turkey.  All very cool, worthy races.

Well, today is easy.  Tomorrow, Hard.

Have a wonderful day of running, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment