05 March 2012

Monday Morning Blues

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. The aches in my legs just seemed to get worse and worse as the night went on. So I woke tired and lethargic. I did get up, fully ready to go out. I made it as far as grabbing my gear, but then it just hit me. I need to assess my body. Am I ready for a recovery run or a day off? Yesterday was hard. But so hard? But I'm 42. Well so what! Yet shouldn't I take it easy? I can switch Wednesday for today, can't I ? Yet I ALWAYS have tightness and pain after a day off, do I want that tomorrow?

As I stands... I've got a few hours to make up my mind. There's a lot going on today, between classes and errands, that I will be walking around and up steps and down steps. So I will be better able to judge my legs.

But a final word. I should not be fearful of taking a day off. It's not so unnatural or detrimental.

No comments:

Post a Comment