The Tour de France, under way now, and a lot of people in Madrid are following the daily stages.
Since 1903, this three-week-long event of suffering has enchanted and amazed us. The beauty of the alps and agony of the riders. Breath-taking! Awe-inspiring! Majestic.
The running world has nothing to compare (though Badwater was this week).
And yet....
And yet....!
I will never ever have to worry about being side swiped at 40km/h into a barbed wire fence, where I will become entangled and need rescuing along with dozens of stitches to repair my legs.
Oh no.... Running has none of those thrills.
I mean come on!...
I'll take my deep muscle aches, and my weak ankle, and my screaming quads every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Running wins!
...just on sheer lack of free flowing blood.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment