So it has become obvious to me that I need to either run EARLIER than 6am or I have to run LATER than usual. My commute is taking place when I am not fully cool down. I am sweaty copious amounts during my 20 minute metro ride. Something I am pretty sure now one on the train wants to see at 8am.
So what am I going to do? This is a dilemma.
In a perfect world I wouldn't need to deal with this problem. I'd just cool down rapidly and be in my way to work. As it stands, I need to research why my cool down takes nearly 2 hours. I drink more water than I shower with, it seems. And yet I am so heated, it makes no deference.
Perhaps it is because I an still out of shape. I am able to run a 7 minute 4 km morning run, but unable to adequately deal with it's after effects on my body. Namely my constant sweating.
I've written early about sweat, and it's necessary element in distance running. But I feel at times, like this morning, that my sweating goes beyond the norm. That it is a product of my out of shape body. I realize it's possibly a result of my environment. Madrid is a hot dry place. During the summer, this one in particular, it can reach the high 30 degrees Celsius. I run in the earliest of the morning and it is still in the high 20s.
Perhaps it is a combination of the two. Or simply a biological fact of my life. I'm just built that way. Or none of the above.
Whatever the reason I find myself needing to think of a new strategy for the summer months. I may have to shorten my runs and run in the evenings. Or the late mornings. July's schedule is adaptive to this. August, as I will little or no work, will allow me to either experiment or return my original plan.
Hoping you're cool and in the shade!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment