22 June 2011

My Step Friend

I love the achy tightness in my quads when I reach the top of the stairs as I climb out of the metro in the morning. I've just finished between 4-7 kms an hour ago and post-stretched and showered and dressed. I reach the last step, the on the pavement, the cool air on me in either the dark (winter) or sunlight (summer) and I feel the pleasant deep ache of a well used muscle for the next 3 or 4 steps. I smile to myself. I know I've had a workout. On rest days, when I lounge in bed passed 7 am and do not rush out of the house at 5.30 am, I miss it. Like a welcomed friend on the ride to work. Today I felt it. My friend reminding me that I did indeed work my legs, and I am happy to "hear" that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment